digiscopediary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fuji s9500

Go down

fuji s9500 Empty fuji s9500

Post  Sniper Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:54 am

I have only just discovered digiscoping & having visited loads of sites it appears that apparently my fuji s9500 probably isn`t a very good camera for this type of photography which leaves me with a dilema, should I spend my money (limited) on a new cheaper camera & scope or keep the camera & invest the money in trying to get the camera to give better results?, ie, a better quality scope?, incidently I do not have a scope at present cos as I have stated I have only just discovered this method of photography, hence if anyone could suggest a scope for this type of work I would be very grateful. Thanks.

Sniper

Back to top Go down

fuji s9500 Empty Re: fuji s9500

Post  Guest Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:29 pm

Hello,

The S9600 would not make a good Digiscoping camera, you are far better off using the small digital camara with small lens which fit into the eyepiece of spotting scopes, I would guess around 30(ish)mm would be the average.

As in the other thread, if on a budget the Canon A series (A70-A85) are good camera for Digiscoping and there are many for sale on ebay so prices are low. Scopes are another thing altogether, the only "cheap" scopes I thought done a good job was the Hawke Endurance 23-70, for £199 it gives really good results for a non ED scope. There may be others but there are hundreds of cheap scopes that are not very good at all! My advice would be to buy a used quality scope like the Kowa, Opticron, Olivons rather than a new unknown el cheapo!

Back to top Go down

fuji s9500 Empty fuji 9500

Post  Sniper Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:28 pm

Thank you for the info Robert, it may seem strange but now you have pointed out that the lens fits inside the telescope eyepiece I can really see the problem with this particular camera Idea , your info regarding scopes has also been taken on board, Thanks again, Dave

Sniper

Back to top Go down

fuji s9500 Empty Re: fuji s9500

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down